Friday, June 20, 2008

SOFTBALL!!!

Hey today is my first All Star tournament! I'm really excited!! I'm the second basemen for my team, and it's a lot of fun!! lol But I'm also a little nervous because yesterday we had practice and it was like Friday the 13th for our team! No one caught the ball, and three people got hit.....Including me! First my friend Karalee was running out first base and our shortstop through the ball to first and it hit her in the bum! Then my other friend Ashton got hit in the arm while we were doing our Hot box drill, and then later into practice my coach was hitting us grounders and he smacked one right at me so I went to charge the ball and before I even got to the ball it took a hop and smacked me right in the head! When it hit me it was like total blackout! All I could hear was my teamates saying are you ok? And they were all like Your Bleeding! So my coach called practice and we all went in the dugout to check out my head and sure enough I have the biggest stitch marks and the biggest goose egg/bruise....After I got up to go in the dugout I started laughing about getting hit and everyone was like are you ok cause if I got hit I wouldn't be laughing, I'd be bawling! So hopefully when I play today everything goes great!! lol

4 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

I totally think that's awesome you got wacked and you laughed about it. Tough girl. Sure would like to see a picture of the nice goose egg on your head.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your tournament! Since your mom hasn't taught you yet, I guess I better teach you... "Keep your eye on the ball," but then I guess you'd just have a black eye today then huh? Can't wait to see tourney pictures.

Katie King said...

hey girly always remember to just have fun when you play and don't brag before a game just brag if you win. good luck

Tiffani said...

Ash, I hope your tournament went good and that you were lucky enough to get hit in the head again, except on the other side because how embarassing to only have a goose egg on one side of your head and not the other, you would be lopsided! not a good fashion statement for you.